samedi 28 mars 2015

Database Policy Clarification

I have searched the information about submitting database info, read the Wiki about submitting info and would like some definitive clarification about submitting info to the database. I found some frequencies on the FCC database for a local PS (SO) agency that I was unaware that were issued to said agency. I monitor them when I can, but I have never heard anything on them. However, I cannot listen to them all the time. So, I submitted them to the database and they were rejected because I could not personally verify them. The license is good for a few more years. My question has to do with verifying FCC database info with the RR database. I have in the past, cross checked license info on the RR database with the FCC database to check for errors and what not. There have been instances where the info does not match. I'll give a for instance. There is a local agency that uses a Provoice EDACS system exclusively. The frequencies on the RR database do not match the FCC database. There are 2 or 3 more frequencies assigned to this agency on the FCC database. As it is a Provoice setup I cannot personally verify that the agency in question is using ALL the frequencies on the FCC database, however, if I scan through them in conventional mode, I hear digital noise on all of them. So I assume they are being used by the EDACS system that they are licensed to. Also, who and how are frequencies verified as being "deprecated" if the FCC data is not OK to use for info? There are lots of VHF and UHF frequencies that I never hear anything on, however a search on the FCC database shows them as still valid and licensed. Some have been let go (released). So, if I listen to a frequency for a year and don't hear any activity on it that, that does not mean it has been deprecated unless the license has not been renewed on the FCC database. I see this as a "catch 22" for lack of better words. Any clarification of the rules for submitting info the database would be appreciated. Thank you





Database Policy Clarification

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire