mardi 31 mars 2015

BCT15X, BC780XLT.. opinions?

Wondering if anyone has both, and has any thoughts on VHF performance? Long story short, I want something for aero and marine, don't care about milair, UHF or lowband.



Long story, with the new P25 system coming online here, and most public safety moving to it, my BCD996XT (which I usually use for VHF as it performs so well) is going to be pretty much dedicated to that now. GRE's don't work so well for me, their front ends are so hot that a nearby DMR repeater clobbers them completely on VHF, even with a PAR notch filter.



I'm kind of narrowing down to either a BCT15X or a used BC780XLT.

BCT15X because I assume it's reception on VHF is going to be similar to my 996XT which I'm already quite happy with, and 780XLT because I've heard so much good stuff about it on aero.

Some people say they're about equal. Just wondering if anyone has both and can share their opinions? The 780 seems to be a bit hard to find in the used market though, so it may not be worth waiting around if the perceived difference is negligible.



Antenna is a DPD OmniX for now mounted in the attic for now. Plan is to move it outside this spring.



Thanks!





BCT15X, BC780XLT.. opinions?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire