jeudi 26 février 2015

Antenna for scanner - discone, other? Attic mount.

I am looking at getting a good antenna I can mount in my attic for my scanner. I can't put outside antennas up, so let leave that out of the discussion. I have some wire antennas for ham radio use I am going to put in there also. I haven't figured out HF yet, but I have a 6m ground plane I used at another location with good results.



As far as the scanner antenna I am thinking along the lines of a discone. Are there any good inexpensive ones out there? I'd like to have an antenna that works best for about 145-170mhz and 440-450mhz, but decent performance on the 800-900mhz bands would be good too. I want an antenna that will help me listen to the 2m and 70cm ham bands and VHF marine band mostly. Right now I use a small dual band mag mount antenna. I figure if I get a better antenna and put it in the attic (4th story) I will have better luck.





Antenna for scanner - discone, other? Attic mount.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire