samedi 28 février 2015

New BF-F8HP Questions

Okay, so yesterday I got this radio in the mail. Appropriately, I took my technician and general amateur exams this morning (and aced them actually; they couldn't tell me my score but the guy winked and said they were both 'perfect') and went home to continue the learning curve on how to program this new beast. I've noticed now, that it only has 144-150 VHF and 440-450 UHF available. I can't enter any other frequencies. So I look closer and realize, well these are the amateur bands, and the rest of the range I thought I was getting is commercial. THEN I look around the net and the box, the instructions (many times by this point) and EVERYTHING says this radio has 136-174 (Rx/Tx) and 400-520 (Rx/Tx). So what am I missing? I still have to order the programing cable, and already have CHIRP installed when I get it but . . . this my first HT VHF/UHF ever and I'm wondering what in the world am I missing? Is this radio defective, or ??? Is it a secret 'cause I'm not impressed?

I'd sure appreciate some guidance- I'm not looking to use the non-amateur bands illegally or anything, I'm just wondering why I can't access the freqz as advertised. It's probably something obvious to someone who knows these types of HT's but its all greek (or in this case chinese) to me.

Thanks-





New BF-F8HP Questions

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire