samedi 28 février 2015

VX2500 UHF VHF Repair Question

Here is the deal in a nutshell-



I have a VX2500 UHF with a cracked microphone jack. No luck finding a replacement. Soldering a new one on the board wouldn't be too much fun either.



I have a VX2500 VHF that I don't need or use. I took the entire face off the VHF unit and put it on the UHF unit. UHF unit powered right up and I thought - Great!! Then it started displaying odd characters and doing strange things. Displaying the VHF channels from the donor radio and so on.



My question - is there a way to accomplish what I'm trying to do with the parts I have? Is there a way to "flash" the VHF face unit so it will work on the UHF radio? It looks identical to me. Not sure why it wouldn't work.



Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.





VX2500 UHF VHF Repair Question

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire