samedi 28 février 2015

Setting up a second wired internet location in my house for my feed computer?

I feel like there is an obvious answer to this question, but I can’t figure it out so.. is there an easy way to set up two different wired internet connections in my house?

I have to have the wifi router and modem provided by AT&T in one room but I need the computer I use to broadcast my feed in a different room (due to where the antenna for my feed scanner is). For clarification, I had been using a set up where my feed computer was in the room with the router/modem but that caused very poor reception on one of the main channels on my feed since I couldn't have it connected to my discone antenna.

All of the phone jacks in my house are set up by AT&T for internet, but I don’t know if there is a way to use more than one of them at once for wired (ethernet) connections. I think I need a second modem but beyond this, I’m lost. Can anyone give thoughts on this? (I have already tried other options such as the power line adapters which do not provide a reliable signal)



Also, I’m not sure if this is the right forum to post this in but it seemed the best one. Feel free to move it if it belongs somewhere else.



Thanks everyone!!



EDIT: For clarification and to simplify what I'm asking: I'm essentially looking for a way to have two wired ethernet connections in rooms on different ends of my house (one for router and one for my feed computer).





Setting up a second wired internet location in my house for my feed computer?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire