vendredi 27 février 2015

Success with Mac and Sentinel!

I just jumped into scanning and have been having a blast with the BCD436.



I was a bit disappointed that there are no scanner apps for Mac. At one point I had decided not even to a scanner because of this. However, I am located where I have temporary access to a PC so I decided to just go for it.



I decided to try an old app that was around when I first switched from PC to Mac - Codeweavers Crossover (Google it). Many years ago it wasn't that great but I recently heard from a fellow Mac user that they were using it successfully for some other program and that it had improved.



I downloaded the free trial of Crossover today to try with Sentinel on my Mac. I downloaded the Sentinel installation folder onto my Mac's desktop.



After installing Crossover I followed the instructions and installed Sentinel and was able to use it to update my scanner's card! I am very happy about this!



For those of you who may try it, DO NOT PLUG YOUR SCANNER INTO YOUR MAC. I did this and it corrupted the card. You will need to get a SD card adapter and insert your MicroSD into your Mac that way. I was able to change the profile and add custom channels and much more.



I haven't had any problems so far and I've only done this once. I also am not a power/pro scanner user so there may be things that I am unaware of as of yet.



So if you try it be aware that this has not been heavily tested. However, everything is working fine with the SD card updated through my Mac.



Hope this helps!





Success with Mac and Sentinel!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire