dimanche 14 décembre 2014

*New to Scanners* NEED HELP!!!! PRO-164

I just bought a used RadioShack Pro164 off of ebay, got a decent deal and listing said it worked like new. I work for a towing company here in Iowa and we have our local P.D., our counties Sheriffs Dept, and also Iowa State Patrol all on contract for accident and impound tows so having a scanner in my truck is almost vital, this was when I am on my way to a scene I have a idea of what I will be dealing with once I arrive. Anyways, back to topic, I bought the PRO-164 due to the ability to clone off another 164 so the programing on this thing would be a breeze as we have 8 other 164's we use in the office, shop, and numerous other trucks. I have done the factory reset (power on then quickly press 0, 1, ent.)and have cloned this scanner off of every one we have and still have no luck. It will accept all the frequencies and store them but when it comes to scanning I don't pick up anything. Here and there I will receive the FM frequencies that Iowa Highway Patrol uses but that's it. Every scanner that I have cloned from has the [T] for Trunking flashing on the top of the display during scanning, mine doesn't do this at all. I have even went as far as going to RadioShack and purchasing the usb cable and software($35) and using my 2 free software downloads to see if that would fix my problem and still no luck. If anyone has any idea of what may be going on, maybe a setting needs changed, or anything I would greatly appreciate it!





Thanks in advance!



Brandon



P.S. I am new to the scanner world and this is my first scanner so the simpler the talk the better for me. I have even gone as far as using this link (Easier to Read Pro-164/163 PSR300/C/400/C Scanner Manual) I found in numerous forums to see if I could easier understand what to do and I am still stumped! :(





*New to Scanners* NEED HELP!!!! PRO-164

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire