mardi 30 décembre 2014

Performance on Phase P25's Toronto Public Safety

Hello.



I am about 50 km from Toronto, On a good day I was able to scan the older 800 Mgh Toronto Public Safety system from my apartment, sometimes yes, sometimes no.



I am wondering if any real can provide us with signal reports on the new TPS system, if I should bother loading it into my PSR800. My concern is, the performance of Phase 2 P25. I sometimes monitor Metrolinx, I am very close to the Waterdown tower and have no problem monitoring rail traffic but this scanner doesn't do a good job on the busses who are using P25 Phase 2. It's a simulcast system and I was told before I purchased it that it really doesn't do a good job on simulcast systems.



I am wondering then if it is worth putting together a scanlist for the new TPS system for the PSR800. I don't really expect much of it here 50 K away but I do go to Toronto often enough and wouldn't mind monitoring it when I am there.



I'm not following the change over much but can anyone here report on if the TPS are using Phase 2 yet and if so how does it come in.



If there isn't any TPS activity on Phase 2 yet perhaps responses can come later to this post.



E





Performance on Phase P25's Toronto Public Safety

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire