mardi 30 décembre 2014

Looking to buy a couple radios.

So this coming new year, once tax season is dead and gone, I am looking to buy a couple radios.

(I deliberately pay extra to prevent owing the government, so I am looking forward to a nice return, but time will tell)



So I am looking at buying either a dual band 2m/70cm rig for the truck, or an HF transceiver for the shack.



First off I am not against used equipment, and not against older equipment.

I was hoping some of you would like to share your input and recommendations.



For the dual band rig, I have been eying either the Yaesu or Kenwood mobile rig. None of the ecolink or D-star really interests me, so these are not required features, buy may be fun to play with from time to time if the price tag doesn't jump too much. I have been scouring ebay looking at used equipment, and a lot of the used rigs go for damn near retail. People just seem to get sucked up in the bidding at the last few hours. The Chinese radios are pretty much none existent in my mind considering I can get a Yaesu or kenwood for $50 more. Had they been half the price they may have been worth looking into, but not at such a high price tag. I had been looking at the Yaesu FT-7900R and the Kenwood KW-TMV71. I kind of like the aesthetics of the kenwood better, but functionality and reliability comes first. I don't need or want much for a mobile rig, CTCSS and DSC, and a little bit of power for when I am out at the lake or driving in rural areas far from the repeaters. Likewise I am not stuck between these two radios and am open to suggestions.



For HF I am looking for something simple. SSB, CW (AM, and FM are a bonus but probably wont get much use) I am more interested in the digital modes controlled with my PCs sound card. I have also been having some good fun with SSTV on 10m. I have been looking at some of the older Kenwood HF rigs such as the TS-530 or TS-120, again open to suggestions.



Thanks everyone -VE4BDE





Looking to buy a couple radios.

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire