mercredi 31 décembre 2014

$105 Streaming Setup - Beginners Guide

If you are using a scanner that does not have a audio line out port and thus you have to use the headphone jack to connect to your computer chances are you have or will experience a very annoying hum when plugged into AC power but mysteriously it goes away on battery power. The quick and easy answer is that the problem is with the audio cord going from the scanner to your computer. A $5 part from Radio Shack will solve your problem instantly. This is the part that I purchased...





6.5-Ft. Attenuating Dubbing Cord with 1/8" Phone Plugs - Radioshack



I posted this because it took me a few hours to figure this out on my own searching the forums and trying a bunch of different options including going to SDR radios and what not. In the end I realized a $5 part would solve all my problems and now I am able to host 3 separate feeds. I hope this post helps a beginner out and saves them some headaches. You do NOT need a ground loop isolator as others have mentioned, this simple cord has fixed 100% of the problems, I hear absolutely no humming anymore.



I'm using the RadioShack PRO-649 scanner which cost $99 to host a CHP frequency since they don't use trunking there was no need to purchase another expensive high end radio.

RadioShack PRO-649 200-Channel Handheld Radio Scanner - RadioShack.com











$105 will get you the equipment needed to get your stream online. Granted if you have a weak signal you will want a better antenna. (I use the SCANNER ANT-BASE 30-1300MHZ 50'RG6 15ELM from Amazon for $50 http://ift.tt/1D6nyp4)





$105 Streaming Setup - Beginners Guide

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire