mercredi 31 décembre 2014

Vertex VX 4207 problem

Hello all,



I recently bought a new Vertex MD-12A8J desktop microphone for my Vertex VX 4207-6-45. I am having a problem with transmitting with the new mic: every time I attempt to transmit with the new microphone, the radio powers off. I hear the PTT sidetone from the installed add on board (VMDE 200), and then the radio shuts off completely. I then must shut down the power supply (which is a Samlex SEC 1223 unit), disconnect the desktop microphone, and reconnect the standard palm mic in order to power the radio back on. The radio transmits fine with the standard palm mic.



One thing to note: when I first plugged the desktop mic in, I was able to transmit once without the radio powering off. I then tried to use the monitor function, which did nothing, as well as the lock switch, which also did nothing. Since then, I have been unable to transmit with the desktop mic.



I am going to try to re-upload the radio's programming file using the software to try to reset the radio's settings. Does anyone have any suggestions?



Thanks in advance, and Happy New Year to all!



Mike





Vertex VX 4207 problem

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire