jeudi 27 novembre 2014

Icom USB driver issues under Windows 8.1

Happy Thanksgiving!



Up until last week I had been using an old PC running Vista and it actually worked very well for me. I just bought a new PC (A Dell Dimension 3000 if you must know!) running 8.1. I have just about everything switched over but I am having an issue with the Icom USB to UART bridge driver. My radio is an IC-7410. It worked great under Vista, but now, when I attempt to install the driver (64 bit), when I go into Device Manager, I get the dreaded “This device can not start (Code 10)” message. It wants to install the driver on Com 4, so I tried to force it onto Com 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, etc. and still no joy.



I can’t tell you how many times I have uninstalled and re-installed the driver and downloaded the software and still no joy.



As a side note, I had the same issue when I installed the Prolific cable to program my HT. (I remember the days when you did not need software to program a radio!) I let Windows find the driver and it automatically selected Com 3 and that's when I got the error message. After a bit of Googling, I finally found a fix for this that actually appeared to be using a much older version of the driver software and it worked like a charm, but so far no such luck with Silicon Labs.



Yes, I posted this on the IC-7410 Yahoo group and created a ticket with Icom. I certainly can't be the only one having this problem!



Help!





Icom USB driver issues under Windows 8.1

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire