dimanche 30 novembre 2014

vertical mounted yagi work arounds

Been reading a lot about how hard it is to make a yagi style antenna work well vertical. If a non conductive mast pole could be located, and coax was ran to the reflector end; could the yagi be made to work well enough to warrant all the hassle ? End mounting my three element seems to hard to pull off and still using this (made for tv) rotor . Have only been able to locate solid fiberglass 1 1/2"-2"od rods in lengths of eight feet so far That would still leave about three feet of the lower elements in the mast pole path. I tried tilting the beam at a 45 degree angle to the mast also. This did help bring the vswr down to the safe zone as long as no power was added, in which case it raised from 1.4 to 2.5. This is a 10-11meter set up I'm working on. I know I'm just beating a dead horse and should just leave it flat, but I just like trying things said to be non do able.





vertical mounted yagi work arounds

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire