vendredi 28 novembre 2014

I'm sorry, but DSD+ really does sound crap :(

I give credit where credit is due and the person or people that produced DSD+ have produced a software product that potentially allows enthusiasts access to SDR and discriminator tapped Digital Voice at little, if any cost.



However, the reproduced audio that DSD+ produces is pretty bad compared to virtually every other DV decoder product on the market.



Now, before anyone asks me what my error rates are, they are zero. Yep, zero error rate after running DSDTune and monitoring reasonably strong signals. The problem is not low signal strength or high error rates, or over-driven audio devices.



I have mentioned this several times previously and either I get blasted by the DSD Fanboys or told that I am simply doing something wrong with my PC audio setup. I assure you, I am not. Nothing I can do to my PC or sound card will correct the highly compressed, very low dynamic range audio that DSD+ produces.



I recently had the opportunity to test the latest firmware for the ADCR25 standalone, SDR P25 & DMR receiver produced by RU3ANQ. Believe me when I say that you haven't heard good quality P25 phase 1 audio until you listen to what the ADCR25 produces. This tiny little receiver, produces P25 audio unmatched by my BCD436HP and any of my GRE scanners.



So, yes it is possible to produce 'in house' software DV decoders that sound as good as a $2000 Motorola.



Hopefully, the DSD/+ authors can rectify the audio quality in their decoders in future versions..





I'm sorry, but DSD+ really does sound crap :(

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire