samedi 29 novembre 2014

Greetings, with a question...

Hey guys. I'm pretty new here. My name is Matt. I just passed my ham tech, and general in one session last week. I aced the tech, but failed the general by 1 question. There were 27 of us that showed up for the test, and everyone was very encouraging and positive. They convinced me to re-try the general, and I nailed it. So I'm happy. I'm waiting to show up on the government database before I can transmit...hope to talk to some of you soon



I'm using an old very well taken care of Drake TR7 that my grandpa gave me recently. It has a few minor issues, frequency is a little off, it drifts a bit, am sounds a bit rough and the antenna tuner with it seems a little funny, but overall it works pretty darn good for a rookie like me. It's just old and needs a tuneup I think.



I have contacted a guy who knows these radios on the recommendation of someone here to get these issues sorted out, and got what I feel is a pretty reasonable quote, problem is reasonable or not, I just cant pay it right now...heh. So, I've been living with it.



Now today, something I think is possibly fairly serious is happening. I've been listening on 40m for about 2 or 3 hours. There are tons of people on, nets going on, contests etc... About 3 or 4 times in the last couple hours the volume would just drop on active conversations over the course of maybe 10 seconds until there was no sound being emitted by the radio at all...not even static. Power off, power back on, and its fine again.



Any ideas? Might be something simple I can take care of myself if I had some direction....





Greetings, with a question...

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire