samedi 29 novembre 2014

Open source hardware mods?

Anyone doing anything of this sort?



I did some projects 20 years ago and over the last few months I have brought those back to life.

Just wondering if there are any hardware hackers out there.



I redesigned my 20 year old PLL controller on an FPGA and added an OLED display to replace the channel display, for example. I did the same thing 20 years ago to an old Midland I had with an 02A PLL.

Recently re-wrote it in C for an AVR (like an Arduino)



Will make a video about it... and thinking about putting the code out there after I finish tweaking it for an Arduino - that's what I am doing now to try to make it easier on hobbyists.

It's also a challenge.. make the code small enough to use 2k of sram and 31k of flash :)

I have flip-flopped on it a bunch.. trying to do it on various MCUs and FPGAs...

Was running it on a Spartan-III then a Cyclone II and then an ARM core MCU like the ATSAM3X



Had a lot of fun doing this project.. and an old radio with an OLED channel display will look cool too :)





Open source hardware mods?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire