samedi 29 novembre 2014

Problem with TX and RX

I just installed my yaesu 8800 in my Tundra. Once I got everything together and did a radio check, I noticed it was not receiving and transmitting correctly. It acts like the antenna is not there. The radio worked fine with out any problems when I had it in my home. I believe it has something to do with the Antenna setup. I used one of the four bed rails post holes. It is a NMO Breedlove bracket. It does sit on top of a plastic bed-liner. I wondering if I should run a wire from the bracket to ground the antenna better to solve my problem.



I am not sure if it could be the coax running from the base of the antenna bracket to the radio. I purchased a pre-made cable, but had to cut one end to run in to the cab of the truck. I put on a new Connector at the radio end. The coax does not fit all that well, plus the coax core is strained wire, not solid. Not sure if I should try another connector or replace the coax.



My previous antenna on the Tundra was a magnet mount, which worked better that I thought it would. I replaced it for a more permanent one.



Brian

N1VLZ





Problem with TX and RX

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire