dimanche 30 novembre 2014

Advanced System key question. IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!!

Let me preface this, I HAVE MY ISSUED SOFTWARE SYSTEM KEY!!



Again, I have a system key!!!! I am not asking/implying/hinting/inuendoing (is that a word) that I need to bypass the system key requirement for my radio.



I have an XTS2500 that is on our local system. Our local system is the ONLY one in the radio. No outside systems or anything like that are programmed into this unit.



I wanted to change the scan setup in my radio. I read it with the CPS, changed a button function (moved scan), and attempted to write back to the radio.



No go????



It says, "cannot write radio without advanced keys".



No problem I think. I just read my software key. The CPS takes it and allows me to enter into the trunking system and change whatever I want (ID, TGs, etc). So I know the CPS is taking it.



I try to write back to the radio again, BOOM. Same message as above.



So I simply read the radio, make no changes, and attempt to write back. Nope. I keep getting this same error.



The radio is not write protected. I made updates to the programming about a year ago and it worked fine.





What am I doing wrong here? I must be missing something.



Thanks,



WM





Advanced System key question. IT'S NOT WHAT YOU THINK!!!

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire