samedi 29 novembre 2014

For upMan, et al: "Sites" On Trunked Sys.: Seeing On HP-1 ?

Hello.



Recently started playing around with Trunking, and

am making good progress, I think. Using Butel and a HP-1.

Everyone has been so good in helping me out; most appreciative.



I can do most everything I want now, thanks again to everyone, but

some of the nuances I'm still having trouble with.



Might someone please clarify this for me:



Using the Massachusetts State Police as an example.



If I open up the main Folder for, all the Sites and Talkgroups appear. Many of each.

I select Avoid for several of the Sites, but NOT for all.



I then Collapse everything, and now have only the main Folder showing.

I then send this entire Folder to the radio.



I then go to the radio's screens and Select Review/Edit Channels.

It all seems to be there, even the Talkgroups. Great.



There are 3 lines that show up for each of the "labeled areas" on the radio's screen.

If I Hold on one of them while listening:



The top one shows: Massachusetts State Police



The middle one shows one of the Talkgroups



The bottom one shows one of the talkgroup lines from the spreadsheet

that opened up (right hand pane) for this particular Talkgroup in Butel.



Questions:



a. Main Question: Other than for the Sites that I checked to be Avoided before the

download to the radio, how do I see on the radio's screens which Site is

actually being used/scanned at the moment ?



b. I assume that all of these Sites (other than the Avoided) will be scanned "automatically". Correct ?



c. Actually, other than the Boston Site, I am not even sure that I am/can be in

range of any of them.



However, are they still being scanned though ?



Thanks,

Bob





For upMan, et al: "Sites" On Trunked Sys.: Seeing On HP-1 ?

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire