jeudi 27 novembre 2014

Bricked 396XT

Hello there,



Recently I got the genius idea to insert a disc. tap on my 396XT, and despite reading the many warnings previously posted here I went ahead anyways and basically bricked the unit. The scanner appears to be passing baseband audio to the speaker/headphone jack. The LED display works fine and all the buttons/knob still work, but somehow I screwed up the RF circuitry as the squelch control is totally gone. When I turn the scanner on but don't select anything, there is a low hiss as if the squelch is totally off.



When I hold on a single frequency associated with a local Public Safety VHF Repeater, I hear constant noise (possibly baseband audio) except when the repeater is transmitting. Whenever the repeater transmits I get a strong signal with clean audio, but when the repeater un-keys it goes back to constant noise. Moreover it doesn't recognize or display any tones, only CSQ. I'm thinking I might have accidentally dropped solder over a pin or something, is that a possibility for what could have caused this? Also, would Uniden be able to fix something like this (obviously not under a warranty)?>





Bricked 396XT

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire