dimanche 31 août 2014

TK690/TK790 Programming issue

I recently purchased a Kenwood TK-790 and TK-690H, with the advanced control head.

kenwood tk790 tk690 dual band vhf low band 2 meter 10 meter radio



Once I got a chance to program it, I noticed that there was UHF frequencies in the lowband radio. This seemed odd so I ended up saving the original programming that was on the radio. Once the radio was programmed I went to test it with my other radios. The VHF portion of the radio was receiving fine and acting appropriately but when test the lowband it was not giving me any feed back what so ever. When programing it did given the error stating the at I need to check the model number.



Has anyone ever experienced this before? Or is the lowband portion of this radio completely screwed up and dead?



The other thing I couldn't get working was the external speaker. I am assuming I just didn't have the jumpers in the right spots. The back of the radios has the 9 pin connector and the control head has the 12 pin. I know that the speaker is suppose to go to 10 and 11 on the head and that on the back of the radio it pin 2 and 6.



If you have any suggestions on how or if either of these issues could be fix you help would be greatly appreciated.



Thank you,

Tyler




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire