samedi 30 août 2014

Some Help With Icom Software

OK, So I bought a used F6061D off of Ebay. It came with 3 channels pre-programmed in so I know you must be able to write to the radio. I have a F5061 and had no issue with the cable or v.2.7 software I was using. I get this 6061 in the mail, and I can READ from the radio but can not WRITE to it for some reason.



Thinking maybe my software was outdated I installed v4.6 of the software and tried to program again. Nope, same error message of check the power on, check the cable and check the com port. Again, with v4.6 I can READ from the radio, but I can't WRITE to it.



So the seller finally tells me I need v5.0 of the software because supposedly that's what his radio tech used to program it last. So I purchase and download v5.0 this evening and same exact problem. I'm ready to use the radio as target practice!



It's not going to be something as silly as the cable is OK for analog on the F5061, but because the F6061 has digital capabilities I need a different cable?



Mike




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire