samedi 30 août 2014

BCD436HP 436 vs XTS5000??

Howcome when I put my 436 programmed on the same channels as a Motorola XTS5000, the 436 sucks? The XTS5000 is the departments radio and picks up 99% of the chatter. My 436 is personally owned and it picks up 50% of the chatter. I got the RS800 antenna (Radioshack antenna) for 800mhz frequency. Why does my scanned pick up half of the talk? The XTS5000 kicks in and starts talking and 5 seconds later the 436 kicks in and I have already missed the first part. Like for example if I get lucky somebody will say, "thank you" and the XTS5000 will pick the whole thing up but my scanner will only get, "Q" And there are other things that end in, "Q" Think about it :D. All funnies aside is there a way I can tune this or should I look into a different antenna? I have dropped it flat on its face once and it slipped but it was from my hip height onto the kitchen floor which is not hard. I would think this drop wouldn't do much. I have taken the antenna off checked the connectors and put it back on. Also with the RS800 antenna I had to use the adapter that came in the box if maybe that slowed it down. Is there any device like the connector that has the same threads but maybe is a different material and increases the signal?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire