samedi 30 août 2014

Just learning, Orion NewB...

After running Motorola and Kenwood stuff forever. Ive decided to try to get a Dual Radio, Single Control Head Orion setup running. I have only seen one or two of them, and never actually played with one.



I know I want a a 440-470mhz 110w Drawer, a 136-150mhz 110w drawer, a system control head, a dual radio cable, and the normal power and control cables.



I have already purchased a 40w UHF (D2PMG4) setup that has a NOS systems head and cables and have found a 110w 440-470 (D2UHG7). But I can only found a 150-174mhz (D2HHCX) drawer.



I have read that the Orions dont do well out of band, so is a 150-174 able to be moved down to 146? I have also read that the firmware needs to be the same version to work properly, but cant find information on updating firmware anywhere.



Also, I am having problems finding a programming cable for them.



If any of you can help me out, I would appreciate the help! I have tried to find a turn key setup, but I guess I am going to try to piece it together to make it work..



Thanks



Tim B.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire