samedi 30 août 2014

Need Help Choosing Replacement Antenna

Just bought two Radio Shack scanners off Craigslist, a Pro 2035 and a Pro 2052. I haven't owned a scanner in years and am not too knowledgeable on the subject.



Both scanners seem to work but I'd like to replace the antennas with something a bit more "optimal" yet, hopefully, relatively inexpensive. Just looking to listen to freqs in Jasper County, Missouri, primarily looking at fire, police, and ambulance to begin with.



The guy gave me 3 different antennas.



One appears to be a Radio Shack BNC telescopic antenna with coil for freqs 25-1300Mhz.. it seems to bring in a few channels but I'm unsure whether it is more effective extended or not. If I extend it, I can access Weather, collapsed seems better for the police freqs.



The other two antennas are short, rubber coated antennas, which, I'm thinking, were meant for hand-helds?



Any suggestions as to what might be the "best" indoor antenna for these model scanners? The original screw type antenna are missing.



Thanks in advance for any suggestions..



(On another note, I came here to register and noted I'd apparently already registered here long ago! Don't remember ever doing so or why! ;) )




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire