dimanche 31 août 2014

Digital vs Analog

I have question, about digital vs analog transmissions. I have noticed this not only on my scanners, but also with digital vs analog television as well. However, in this case I will use the scanners as the example. I have three primary scanners, one is a Radio Shack Pro-106, (a digital trunk tracking 3), second is a Pro-2051 (an analog triple trunking 3), and the third is a Bearcat 245XLT, (a HT trunk tracker 2). I scan the KCMO (digital) system on the 106, but I have also analog in it as well. One of these is MERS (Metropolitan Emergency Radio Service), which is primarily used by the local NWS/NOA office to give out weather reports to the are fire departments. They send out a "report" every morning, and sometimes (when I am awake) I am able to hear it. This is the problem/question. If I have the two analog radios on, they will be in synch, however, the digital radio is a few seconds (if not fractions there of) behind. The result is an echo or reverb effect. I have also noticed this on the flat screen (digital) TV, and the old analog TV as well, even though both are off the same feed, the analog is ahead of the digital audio.



My question is why? I simply do not know why or understand why the audio signals do not match up and are not in synch. Any ideas?



73 KC0KM




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire