samedi 28 mars 2015

Trouble Receiving 800mhz

I just purchased the st-2 antenna and have mounted it to the roof of my house probably near 30 feet high.

The st-2 works great on receiving conventional frequencies both close by and further away.

The issue i have is that anything on the 800 band will not come in. At the best the scanner will stop on a frequency, and make a little noise but nothing resembling a voice. The 800 MHZ system i am trying to reach is from my town, and neighboring towns- nothing crazy and nothing far away.

I am able to pick up these same 800 frequencies with my radioshack 800mhz antenna pretty well.

The St-2 is connected by the 50 feet of coax it came with and is connected to a Radio Shack Pro-651.

I have tried using attenuation with no success, and if it matters I am in Rhode Island trying to pull in Glocester PD. (Not Gloucester)

Any idea on what i can do to improve my 800 reception with this antenna. It seems as if the problem is with the antenna, as the Radio Shack 800 mhz antenna works well receiving the 800mhz transmissions. I want to use the st-2 antenna because of its good performance with the conventional frequencies.

The scanner shows the frequency at almost full signal when it locks on, but with no voice to be heard.

Thanks in advance for the help.





Trouble Receiving 800mhz

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire