samedi 28 mars 2015

New antenna question, help needed

Hey guys, first post here,



I need some advice on a new antenna i'm planning to get. I've decided that my old discone needs updating. It's a cheap one i got a good few years ago, and i just feel it's time to upgrade. I'm also going to be buying a USRP B200 SDR - after experimenting, and really enjoying the RTL-SDR dongles, i want to move up to a more sophisticated SDR.



The two antennas i've narrowed it down to are the ICOM AH-8000 Discone or the Diamond X-700H. I'll primarily just be browsing through the bands looking for things to listen too, such as airband, mil air, VHF/UHF, decoding digital etc, but i when i finally get round to getting my Ham License, i'll likely be doing some TX'ing too. I don't really know what would be the best antenna for general listening. What would give me the best range? My current discone is already mounted about 50ft high, and i know the Diamond is an absolute beast of an antenna size wise, but is it, or would it do, better than the Icom?



Also the Icom is a wideband antenna, going all the way up to 3.3ghz or so, and the B200 can tune up to 5.9ghz, but is there really anything to listen to that high, barring wifi signals and the sorts? I really just don't know what to choose.



Any help would be greatly appreciated!





New antenna question, help needed

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire