jeudi 26 février 2015

Using cheap HT's for Broadcastify (SR) feeds

I'm going to setup 4 Scanner Radio feeds of some things in our area that aren't already being broadcast. Initially, I was going to look for some ebay scanners, BCT8's and the like. I'm just picking up 470-471, nothing special. I had also thought about using some PM400's I have laying around, but unfortunately they are all R split and I need S splits for these frequencies. Then it dawned on me, why not use some inexpensive Baofeng HT's? I have a dozen BF-888's that have worked like a champ for me. They don't replace the HT1250's that I use for "primary" members of the organization, but if we need a warm body, I can give them a 888S and not care as much if it doesn't make it back to me.



While the BF-888S's won't work for me (they won't go above 470, even in CHIRP), the UV-5R's will. They may take up a little more room than a stack of desktop scanners, but I'm fine with that.



Are there any flaws to my plan? I realize I won't be able to do tagging, but for myself and the few of us that will likely ever listen to these channels, that isn't a concern of ours.





Using cheap HT's for Broadcastify (SR) feeds

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire