jeudi 26 février 2015

P25 Volume

Anyone else notice a big variation in audio volume within P25 system units?



I have a BCD436HP and when I have the scanner situated in the best spot for lowest error rate and best clarity, there is a big variation in the volume of different units in the system. Some units (either mobile or dispatch) come in at a "normal" volume, and some are so low in volume as to be almost inaudible. It's clear speech with no errors, just very quiet. I thought that P25 trunked systems are supposed to normalize the volume.



I tried Digital AGC on or off, no perceived difference.



In general, P25 is always lower in volume than the analog systems. I turn the volume offset to +3 for the system and it's still quieter in comparison.



Another nitpick - when I turn the volume to 0 for the evening, I still hear very low audio coming from the unit. I'm guessing the +3 offset has to do with it, but setting the volume to zero should mean zero from the speaker.





P25 Volume

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire