samedi 27 décembre 2014

TexasRanger TR 696F- SSB

Low and behold my aunt presented me with this radio in the box.never opened.She said my passed away uncle hand intended to set up a base station years ago but never got away from his mobile activity.It appears to have been peaked and tuned.Over the the back case there are two seals saying removing will void warranty from "CB CITY" along with a technical certificate in the box concerning the upgrades.Also there was an Antron 99 Base Station CB Antenna still packaged.I am familiar with an antron,low priced but capable antenna.Doing a web search this appears to be a fairly high end quality piece.We mated it with a Wilson 1000 sitting on a mettle roofed pole barn.Got a 1:2 swr and amazingly called CQ and had a great QSO with a trucker about 45MI away,During QSO.He praised the audio quality as pristine even with an S-5 signal.We were transmitting showing 22-24 SSB watts so it wasn't stock QRP power.I'm a HF utility/military/areo/,digitlal monitor hobbyist but have listened a lot over the years on the R75 to 38 LSB and the like.Thought I might dip my hand in the water strictly QRP.Anyone have experience with this rig,any tips would be appreciated with the ins and outs of this aspect of the hobby.I'm not a local type CBer by nature.thanks





TexasRanger TR 696F- SSB

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire