mercredi 28 mai 2014

APRS antenna options

As some of you know I just got into APRS receiving, and I'm looking for better reception. Digipeaters do help out greatly with receiving signals, but I want better reception that what the RadioShack collapsible antenna can offer. And to throw a slight curve ball, I'd like to receive the ISS when it makes its periodic flyovers. This thread probably should be in the DIY antenna section, I'm not oppose to either buying or making my antenna.



A 1/4 wave ground plane would probably be my best option if I didn't want to catch the ISS. But I'm thinking a 1/2 wave dipole would be more suitable for ISS and ground transmissions. Or I could get a Diamond NR22L or a Larson dual band. What are your opinions and thoughts?



As I said before, I dont mind making antennas (I prefer it actually, its more fun). The antenna will be mounted on a 40-60ft tower.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire