samedi 31 mai 2014

BCD536HP can't lock on P25 control channel

I apologize if this is an issue discussed previously; I couldn't find a thread on this particular type of issue.



I am trying to monitor the Richardson, TX P25 system with an outdoor discone and a 536HP. The system is imported from RR.



The scanner seems to have difficulty reading data from the control channel. The "DAT" indicator flickers intermittently on 852.2500Mhz. Much of the time it refuses to lock on the actual control channel and will continue searching all of the programmed frequencies for this site to try to find a usable control channel. This is all despite the fact that when it *does* briefly lock on this frequency, it gets 5 bars.



Occasionally it will lock long enough and read enough data from the control channel to know to tune into an active talkgroup and decode the voice data. The P25 voice decode is crystal clear every time. The control channel seems to be the problem.



On the same antenna, my 396XT can lock on the control channel on this system with no issues.



This is extremely frustrating as I bought the 536HP so (among other reasons) that I could decode the Plano, TX (PAWM) P25 system better. The 396XT is terrible on this system where I live, but the 536HP can decode that system almost flawlessly.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire