lundi 31 mars 2014

What Was Scanning Like Back In The Day?

I'd love to hear some stories of what it was like back when you could listen to cell phones and your neighbor's cordless phone. When the cops were all analog and all you needed was a crystal scanner.









I got started in this hobby kinda late. Got into it last year at age 26. But, I'm having fun listening to stuff I find. I don't use Radioreference's database for the most part. I prefer to go "treasure hunting" and find it all for myself. Half the fun really.



I enjoy listening to airplane traffic. I heard an emergency in the air, last weekend about a total hydraulic failure some commercial plane had.



The police are fun to listen to. With my new digital scanner I can hear the Highway Patrol again and people sure are snitches! calling the cops to report any little thing, haha.



It's neat to listen to the local army installation- Fort Leonard Wood. Most of it is encrypted but they slip up here and there. :)



I've come across a few baby monitors and a KFC drive through. "I want a bucket of chicken!"



Scanning has alerted me to severe weather I may not have known about. I hear about it first before all my friends do.



Scanning has helped me avoid huge traffic jams on I-44. One time, I took a detour on Route 66 and laughed over at all the poor suckers waiting in line that stretched for miles, on a hot summer afternoon.



Anyway, I think this is a cool hobby.



I'd be happy to hear any of your stories about how it was "back in the day." 1950-1990.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire