jeudi 26 juin 2014

Why haven't they sourced a new Dongle?

So we all know the app is delayed. Why hasn't Uniden moved on and sourced a new dongle and gotten about the business of solving the problem? It would seem (and I could always be wrong, dead wrong), that they have an awful long time with very little result. Are they stuck in the "we almost have it" loop? Maybe they do, but sometimes you don't and you have to move on.



Also, are us 536HP owners going to see this radio soon replaced? I notice for the last 2+ months the radio "out of stock" on Uniden's website. OK, recall for speaker problems. But come on. we are going on a quarter year+ with low or no stock on their own website. That doesn't sound very healthy to me.



Something is not right with the signs we are seeing here. Maybe it has to do with agreements, contracts, exclusivity agreements, foreign governments etc but when things just don't seem right, there's always a reason. I don't believe for one second that the folks at Uniden responsible for solving these problems just don't care and that's why its taking so long. I think there are other more complicated reasons involved.



Unfortunately the end result is, they are destroying their reputation, hurting their sales both of which will be their downfall. You know, when I go to their web page and see all that monitoring gear I start to think about the grand days of X10 when that crap was splashed all over the place. Uniden, you don't want to go there.



Fix your problems, fix your dongle, release your application, fix your sound quality on your 536HP line. OR get on with replacing it with something that works and we'll get over it. Otherwise prepare to be relegated to obscurity for your blunders. Consumers talk with their wallets. Let none of us ever forget that.



There, that felt good. Not I can go about browsing the internets for other new digital scanners. I wanted to love my 536HP. I did love my 536HP, then I turned my 536HP on and well, I've been falling out of love ever since.



Roveer




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire