dimanche 29 juin 2014

PRO-93

Hi all-



I have the RadioShack Pro-93 which has severed me well for over 10 years. Unfortunately the LCD screen has stopped working (the backlight still works but the the digital readout is blank). I went to radio shack and was originally told I could order a replacement screen for $50, but then was told only the antenna and battery charger component could be ordered. I have tried resetting but not initatilizing (forgive the spelling).



I also have the RadioShack USB Scanner/PC (04A08/ 20-047) cable. I don't have the CD anymore for this, its been a while but I also downloaded a program (win93 I thin). When I tried connecting the scanner to the computer I always get a com port error and can never transfer the data.



I have a predicament now in that i pretty much know the channels (and know the frequencies) so although its a challenge the scanner is still usable. If I try re-initializing then i'll loose all the data and if that does not fix the LCD screen then the scanner will be useless.



My computer is running Vista operating system. Unfortunately I had to do a recovery on it (all the electronics are failing). When I connect the usb scanner wire to the computer (and the scanner), nothing happens.



Any help is greatly appreciated. This "old" scanner has done me well and I don't want to replace it unless absolutely necessar.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire