dimanche 29 juin 2014

436HP 1st Road Trip

My first trip with my new 436 was quite an adventure. No, I haven't bought the GPS yet, but I loaded the radio with a favorite list.



The first thing I noticed is making sure you have the QKs right before getting in the car. If you don't & get the number out of sequence, it makes it difficult because you are seeing counties that won't go away and the ones you do are incorrect on the screen.



I have also noticed it would be optimal to have a car with better road noise insulation since my Nissan Versa is noisy. So, I started looking to see if they made an amplified 3.5 mm earphone, single. I found one, but I don't know if it would work. Since I can no longer hook this into my Kenwood stereo Mp3 input, this seems a better option. I'm sure at my age, old-headbanger, that my hair cells in my ear are almost flat.



Here is what I found: Headphones and Earphones for Personal Listening Systems : Personal Listening System Accessories



Now, for the other issue, the difficulty finding how to turn off/on systems & departments while driving. I had a few swerves in traffic attempting to change this. GPS will likely take care of this.



I'm also considering buying a magnified screen and lens to position in front of the display because it is hard to see, small print.



I love this radio. In a multi-site system, it rocks. I've not figured out how to toggle between sites when they've been assigned a QK.



Onward through the fog.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire