vendredi 27 juin 2014

Icom 2820 Issue

Hello fellow radio enthusiasts. I just recently purchased a used IC-2820h dual band transceiver from a friend. He bought it brand new several years ago and never had a problem with it until a few months before I bought it, the radio would not transmit. It still receives local frequencies just fine, but will not transmit anything. The antenna he had was a crappy magnet mount that was actually broken about halfway up the whip where the center load coil is at. Would this be the most likely reason why it receives fine but won't transmit? Or would it be something in the mic? The buttons on the microphone work fine.. or is it in the actual radio? I am ordering a new dual band antenna soon, since I dont have one. The radio is just sitting in my house for now. Any insight you guys might ave would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire