vendredi 27 juin 2014

unmute encrypted P25 audio

Hey guys, I wanted to ask how I can unmute encrypted P25 traffic from my radio. Now before I continue, I am in no way trying to decrypt encrypted traffic whatsoever! I would just like to hear the sound of the traffic, not decrypt, listen in and go to jail. In my county, we only have one agency that encrypts their traffic ( I hope it stays that way!!!) I didnt know they started to encrypt until I finally ordered CPS through /\/\ to start programming more frequencies through my PC instead of FPP...which is a nice feature when your on the move constantly but programming is so much more easier when you have a full size keyboard and a mouse!!!!! anyway, when I programmed the radio for all the frequencies in my county. I noticed that on dispatch of this specific city, I would see the RF signal meter pop up but no audio, so I pressed the monitor button and then the encrypted audio popped up and encryption icon popped up. In a way, I liked hearing the traffic but the only way I can listen is if I pay attention to the RF meter and press the monitor button.



I have looked around the other posts here and other sites, and from what I understand, if I set the squelch to digital CSQ, any digital audio should unmute, including encrypted traffic. I have already tried this on my radio, but still no luck on the radio unmuting to encrypted traffic. The only time I hear the dispatch is if a unit accidentally forget to turn on the encryption...this probably happens maybe twice a day. I'm thinking that I don't hear unmuted encrypted traffic, is that I am probably too far away...since I am listening from another city after all, in the same token, I've heard audio surprisingly good from other cities further away but then there's a possibility that they have a tower set up on top of the mountain.



The radio in question that I am using is a XTS 4000 UHF, with CPS R20

anyway, I would appreciate any advice or suggestions at this point.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire