jeudi 26 juin 2014

Bcd396t- bcd436hp

I own the 396T and it works fine. Thanks to FreeSCAN and RadioReference data base. But I was about to buy BCD436HP scanner. I have been reading throughout the forum to get a handle on the 436. Now I'm gun shy about getting it. Seems complicated. I do like the feature of the zip code entries. A few questions I have. Might sound dumb but..

1. What is the first thing that you do in regard to turning on the scanner ?

2. Sentinal software is it installed from the scanner itself or from a cd ?

3. What data base is used to update and program using this software ?

4. I have read and saw a video on setting the distance on the scanner sounded ok when the distance was 20 or 30 miles, but one had recommended that the distance could be set at 0 miles and set-up with the zip code. I think that's what I understood.

5. I regards to question one do you plug in the usb cable to the scanner and computer for the first time and

then turn the scanner on ? Or turn the scanner on by itself and do an initial set-up as far as date, time, and

zip code ?

The 436HP seems vastly different then the 396T. The more I read about the 436 and what some had posted, especially those that where having difficulty's in using the 436 is making me a little hesitant about taking the plunge.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire