mercredi 7 janvier 2015

psr-800 questions/concerns from a visually impaired user

Hey folks: I'm hoping you guys will be able to help me out here.

For the past 10-11 years I've been using a pro-96...Loved that radio

but sadly it died 2 weeks ago...It had been on it's way out for a

while but I was able to limp it along.

I've spent the past few days researching handheld Phase II capable

radios (psr-800 and hp436), being as my area is currently installing a

phase II system. I really like the sounds of the 800 and will likely

be ordering one. Here are the questions/issues...

I'm visually impaired/partly blind. I have a bit of vision but not

enough to read the display on the scanner...I use screen-reading

software for the computer.

1. I've been playing with the EZscan software, without anything

connected, just to try and get the hang of it. Am I able to actually

start inputting frequencies/systems without anything connected? Sort

of a dry run?

2. I know there isn't a Numeric keypad and entering freques/info on

the radio itself is impossible...Once I input what I want with the

software, will I at least be able to scan/hold/lockout freques/tg's

independently on the radio without seeing the screen?

3. Being as the weather scan-list is accessible with one of the ten

buttons on the radio, kind of like a hot-key, should I put

most/everything I want to monitor in that list to make it easier for

me?

I will be mainly monitoring 1 EDACS, 2 Moto and 1 LTR system, along with a handful of conventional frequencies.

This is obviously a huge step for me coming from the pro-96.lol I'm

still thinking about things in terms of channels/banks, and I know

that's not how it works any more.

Thanks in advance for any assistance!

-Johnny





psr-800 questions/concerns from a visually impaired user

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire