vendredi 30 janvier 2015

HP-1 Uniden HomePatrol HP-1 Ground Loop Issues Solved

Just wanted to post this, because after searching the internet for a few days, and spending probably over $100 in stuff, I got the issue solved.



I had my HP1 go directly from the headphone jack to the line in on my soundcard, but I was getting a ground loop buzz.



Bought a ground loop isolator. Buzz was there, just not as bad. This was also a no name quickie job from Amazon until I had time to get a real one, but still a buzz.



Bought a second ground loop isolator from Scosche. I've had good luck with their products. Still a buzz.



Ran two isolators in line, still a buzz.



Bought a new power supply (sometimes they go bad). Still a buzz.



Connected the HP1 via USB and serial method so I could broadcast metadata. Buzz was gone. But had a ground loop buzz when anyone would key a mic.



Got a 3.5mm female to 2.5mm male connector, and went to HP1 line in... Buzz is gone. Transmissions are crystal clear.



In fact, I can now disconnect my USB from the HP1, still no buzz. (still broadcasting metadata, so it's not disconnected).



So it looks like any time you use any line OTHER than line out... You'll have issues. Not sure if that's just MY HP1, or all of them.





HP-1 Uniden HomePatrol HP-1 Ground Loop Issues Solved

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire