dimanche 11 janvier 2015

Interoperability Channels

On the advice of someone here I have programmed all the Statewide and Metro area Interoperability channels into my scanner. I have heard some interesting traffic on there but I have a few questions:



I have noticed that the ME TAC (Metro Tac) channels seem to be used for both police and fire. I have heard fireground ops on there and on the weekends I seem to hear what sounds like traffic details or DWI enforcement campaigns taking place on ME TAC.



The other morning it sounded like a fire in Scott County was using 006 (ST S TAC 1) as a fireground.



I understand that these are meant to be channels for different agencies to communicate with each other on but what decides the channel usage?



What decides if a multi agency fire goes to a ME TAC channel or onto 006 like the Belle Plaine fire was the other morning?



I am just trying to get a better understanding of how the system is used, how the channels are assigned.





Interoperability Channels

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire