mercredi 7 janvier 2015

Effects on receive only using 75 Ohm vs 50 Ohm patch cables

I'm interested in understanding the performance losses when using 75 Ohm patch cables vs 50 Ohm patch cables for receive only setups.



I've got three Stridsberg Multi-couplers that I use (1 HF and 2 VHF) that are fed using LMR-400 coax. They are patched to their associated radios via 75 Ohm RG-59 6 or 9 foot patch cables because they are easy to come by and they are inexpensive.



What are the downsides to doing this? What performance limitations should I expect considering this impedance mismatch? If there are performance considerations, are they different from HF/VHF/UHF and SHF satellite work?



The prevailing thought seems to be "it's not that big of a deal" - my question is, what deal is it?





Effects on receive only using 75 Ohm vs 50 Ohm patch cables

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire