vendredi 9 janvier 2015

Considering the Yaesu VX-8DR

All,



Background:



I just recently have started looking into Ham radios, but as I haven't completed my exam yet I'm only in 'lurk mode'. I'm looking to use the radio primarily as a backup for when camping or traveling in areas of no cell phone reception (emergencies or just for fun). Over the past couple weeks I have been playing with the BF-F8HP, but its lacks both the RX & TX ranges of the VX-8DR. Along with the water resistance, channel capacity, etc, etc, etc.



Question(s):



With the AA adapter for the VX-8DR I have seen some videos stating it will only transmit in 1W (low) power mode. Is this accurate?



Are there any 'extended' AA battery adapters that people know of? When I bought my BF-F8HP they actually made an extended battery back (which is pretty nice for a 60 dollar radio).



Outside of the aforementioned issue, is there any compelling arguments to buy or not buy the BF-F8HP.



Thx,



T





Considering the Yaesu VX-8DR

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire