lundi 14 juillet 2014

Need for a trip- a portable with great weak station reception off the whip?

I am in the midst of a series of business trips where I can only take one small to mid-sized radio (horrors, right?). I normally take a Sony ICF-SW20 on such a trip, but the last time I went to this particular place I took a Sony 2010 on a whim, and shortwave reception was very poor even with the AN-LP loop attached. I'm sure it had a lot to do with the concrete and rebar cage I was staying in.



I have not dipped my toes in the DSP waters yet, at least in portable form, but I bet a radio with good sensitivity off the whip with DSP might have a better chance of turning weak signals into readable ones.



At the moment my top contender is the Tecsun PL-880.



I'm not wedded to DSP, but it seems like it would be good to have this tool at my disposal.



I would prefer to the radio to also have decent stereo FM reception and not be shy on MW either.



I could add some wire to the whip, too, or use a portable loop, and if you know if the radio you are suggesting works well with an external antenna, please let me know. Thanks for your ideas.



EDIT: I have considered taking the HF-150, but I would be crushed... CRUSHED... if it were lost or damaged.




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire