jeudi 31 juillet 2014

Pro-197 ignoring TGRP problem solved

I'm just putting this out here in case someone else runs into this problem.



Problem was I programmed the pro-197 to scan some talkgroups on an EDACS system. At first I just programmed a wildcard group so I could see I was receiving OK. I then deleted the wildcard talkgroup, and programmed in about 10 specific talkgroups. Started scanning on the pro-197 and it never stopped on any of them. I had the bc346xt right next to it and it was receiving talkgroups just fine. If I manually selected a talkgroup on the pro-197 I knew was active (from watching the bc346xt), I could then hear talking on that talkgroup. But while scanning, the pro-197 would never stop on an active talkgroup.



Well, after trying several things, I finally came across a setting way down in the expert section of the GLOB menu called "TGRP Ignore". It was set to YES. I changed it to NO and starting scanning and FINALLY the scanner was stopping on the talkgroups I had programmed in.



Not sure how things got messed up like that. I usually do program scanners by hand, but have tried some of the free trial programs as well. On my other pro-197, I haven't noticed any talkgroups not getting any traffic, but just to be on the safe side, I set the "TGRP Ignore" setting to NO on that one too.



Muskratt




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire