samedi 26 avril 2014

Newbie question and a G5RV

Hi Folks,



I have a question about a new install. I just put up my first G5RV last night and I have it hooked to an IC-745 that I bought a month ago. I'm hoping someone can help me determine the "direction" of the antenna, I've been looking for the samples of the pattern of the antenna on the web and of course now I can't find them ....



I jumped on 40m last night and made my first HF contact with a group of guys in Seattle and we were both crystal clear. (so I know the radio works-grin) I even had the set down to 10 watts and for a newbie I was impressed.



Once the snow goes away I want to put a mast at the peak of the house (2 story) and get the middle of the antenna up above the edge of the roof line and try for another 8 feet so it’s actually “in the air” as opposed to beside the house so figure a total about 40 or 42 feet for the peak. As for the ends they'll get another 8 feet if I think I can get away with it. (2x4’s nailed to the fence) Each end is right now about 16 ft in the air and the middle is at about 35 just hung off the side of the house below the peak about a foot.



One section is at about 300 deg on the compass and the other is about 100 deg so it's NOT in a straight line but if I can find a way to line them up I will. I'm limited because of the lot I'm on, so based on what I have here can anyone give an idea about where that antenna is going to wind up looking or seeing?



Cheers’

Dave




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire