lundi 28 avril 2014

A few P7100 questions.

Hi,



I have some questions pertaining to the P7100.



When the talkgroups are set in programming to 'unencrypted' does the radio only unmute for analog and digital Provoice traffic? If an encrypted call is transmitted on any talkgroup set to unencrpyted does the radio just ignore it or does the radio unmute for the garbled/undecoded transmission? Does the amber LED light when receiving encrypted calls if there is no key? Does it only light if the radio is transmitting an encrypted call?.



Basically,does the radio give any indication that there is encryption in use on a talkgroup when set to unencrypted? I haven't seen or heard any indicators.I'm really kind of interested in seeing how much encrypted activity is actually in use on the system out of my own curiousity.



I also have a question about the full keypad 7170 system model? How is the Direct Entry supposed to work on the radio. When I hit the SYS1 key the SYS = 1 comes up on the display and when a put in a system number on SEL SYS and then the M key the radio just returns the display to the current system selection I'm already monitoring with a confirmation beep.



When I Direct Entry Groups I hit the GRP2 key and the GRP = 1 comes up on the display and when I enter any number on GRP SEL the radio very briefly flashes the talkgroup name of that group number I selected,but then immediately returns the display back to whatever group the radio was previously on with a confirmation beep. I also noticed that if you hit the up ^ arrow key after hitting the GRP key the radio jumps to group 17 and then another press to 33 and another press to 49 and then stops,but you can reverse with the same increments back to 1 with the down arrow key.



It just doesn't seem to do anything in either case. It goes through all the motions,but it's not really going to what I select.Is something not set properly?



The last question I have is,how long does it take for the battery to die when the radio has no bars left on the battery indicator? This thing has been showing no battery left for 6hrs. without any beeping low battery indicator or shutting off lol!




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire